Please submit a query letter explaining your project, experience, expertise, and access to content (if relevant). If we are interested based on your query letter, we will ask you to submit a proposal package.
Responses to query letters happen within 30 days. Responses to book proposals take 3-4 months.
Overcup Press is an independent publishing house with national distribution. We are currently looking for manuscripts in the following genres:
Query letters on these nonfiction topics are of particular interest:
- Longform nonfiction narrative and journalism
- Regional U.S. Northwest Topics
- Popular science writing
- Environmental and nature writing
- Travel (essay, other related)
- Architecture and Design
- Food and Drink, Cannabis
- Contemporary Arts and Culture
- Music / Music History / Long-form Music Journalism
We are NOT currently considering queries or submissions from the following genres:
- Children's picture books
- Art books, photo books
- STEM titles (middle grade and YA audience-focused)
- Religious books
- Self-help books
Broadly, Overcup Press publications are contemporary nonfiction titles that have the opportunity to include a strong visual element. Please familiarize yourself with our catalog before submitting it.
This is how our process works:
- Submit a query letter that briefly describes the work and the author’s background, lists any publication credits if applicable, and explains why the work is a fit for Overcup Press.
- If we feel like your title aligns with our mission, we will request a proposal package.
- Once we review your proposal package, and if we see potential, we will contact you.
Our acquisitions team responds to query letters within 30 days.
Given the volume of submissions we receive, please note our book proposal evaluation may take up to 4 months. We appreciate your patience.
NOTE: Phone calls, emails, and letters will not speed up the process and are strongly discouraged.